2018 has been a great year for a selection of hairstyles from fringe trends, colour pops to pastels and perfecting that beautiful balayage. Here at Garbo’s we are always looking for the next leading hair trend ready to help you find your perfect style. We have put together some top tips to help your hair shine this season, read on to see how you can create glamorous garbo’s winter hair.
Autumn Winter Trends 2018
Crossing over into the winter months we start to see blondes warm and coppers deepen. Pops of colour, bobs and braids are still featuring strong. Enjoy these garbo’s gorgeous styles for Autumn and Winter hair inspiration:
The Shag haircut…
Autumns coolest hairstyle. Low key, sexy and effortless as styled by Chloe Grace Moretz. This leading trend requires lots of volume, a thickening and beach wave texture spray such as Sebastian Texturizer and voila!
Blunt Bob with messy waves
Bobs are wavy, textured and messy. The more effortless the look the better!
Colour is very much following this effortless trend, with balayage still being a main focus in the salon. Colours for autumn are much richer warmer shades, golds and brunettes!
Top Tips for the party season.
How to do christmas party hair for when a tinsel ponytail just won’t cut it! We want party ready hair that won’t take a day to create. Here are a few of our top tips to getting glamourous garbo’s party hair that is simple and stylish.
A relaxed hairstyle that looks effortless and rises to every occasion, creating soft waves is your hair hero. Whether you have long or short hair, learning these few tips can transform your style:
– Start by prepping the hair with light spritz of Sebastian Trilliant, then in large even sections take a big barrelled tong and wrap hair loosely around it.
– When creating this look around the face aim to start the wave at eye level and wrap away from the face.
– Run some Sebastian Texturizer through the ends and then finish with a light hairspray.
The DIY top knot is forever being reinvented from sleek and smooth to this seasons messy bun. Here our are top salon tips to creating that chic party ready messy bun.
– Start with hair loosely curled.
– Section front half of hair out of the way.
– Backcomb crown area and then secure the back half of the hair in a low ponytail using a hair elastic. Gently tease the crown area to create a more messy look. Lightly back brush the ponytail and pin the ends in a random order to create the messy bun.
– loosely twist back the front in sections to add to the messy bun keeping some tendrils around the face out, top up wavy bits as required.
– Secure with hairspray.
The fast track to pretty hair? A sparkling accessory of course! From top knots with a sparkling dangly chain tied round the bun, to a stunning side clip amongst gorgeous smooth and sleek softness. This seasons hair accessory is the perfect way to glam up.
Caring for Winter Hair
The winter months can put your hair and scalp under a lot of stress. Here are some key tips and tricks to help keep your hair and scalp healthy during the winter.
1. Wear a hat or scarf over your hair to protect from the elements
2. Drink plenty of water to keep your hair and scalp hydrated. No mulled wine doesn’t count!
3. Use a heat protection spray such as Sebastian Trilliant when using irons, tongs to create party looks.
4. Treat your hair to a rehydrating or repairing treatment. Colour it using the Olaplex system to repair any bond breakage.
5. It might be tempting to turn up the heat in the shower but ensure to use warm or cold water, when washing to avoid damage.
Give the gift of Garbo’s Gorgous Hair this Christmas.
Treat your loved ones this Christmas to the gift of gorgeous hair! Our gift vouchers come in a range of monetary values in a beautiful pearlescent envelope. If you spend £50 you get a bonus £5 voucher or £100 and you will receive an additional £10!
Add something special to their stocking this year and fill with fabulous Sebastian hair products. Sebastian is redefining the limits of fearless hair fashion, with versatile, groundbreaking innovative products, helping you create superior styles and transform hair from day to night-professional. Pop in the salon to see our Christmas product offers, or shop online.
A thank you from all of us at Garbo’s Hair.
A final note to say a very big thankyou to all our happy and fabulous clients this year, new and regular. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and fabulous hair for the party season.